College Algebra, 7th edition
You'll get a bound printed text.
Robert Blitzer continues to inspire students with his engaging approach to mathematics, making this beloved series the #1 in the market year after year. Blitzer draws on his unique background in mathematics and behavioral science to present a wide range of vivid applications in real-life situations. Students of all majors stay engaged because Blitzer uses pop-culture and up-to-date references to connect math to students’ lives, showing that our world is profoundly mathematical.
With the new edition, Blitzer takes student engagement with the mathematical world to a whole new level drawing from applications across all fields as well as topics that are of interest to any college student (e.g., student loan debt, grade inflation, sleep hours of college students). Applications are also brought to life online in a new, assignable video series that explore the entertaining and mathematical Blitzer Bonus boxes. The new edition also aims to help more students to succeed in the course with just-in-time support in the text--such as Brief Review of prerequisite topics, Achieving Success boxes, and Retain the Concepts exercises--as well as support within MyLab™ Math such as new concept-level videos, assignable tools to enhance visualization, and more.
Features and benefits
MyLab gives you the tools you need to learn — and to get a better grade.
- Personalized study tools.: Show you what you know, what you don’t, and where to spend your time to fill the gaps
- Immediate feedback: On assignments and quizzes — and assistance with each problem if you need it — helps you get unstuck.
- The mobile eText: Lets you learn on your terms, wherever you are.
Table of contents
P. Prerequisites: Fundamental Concepts of Algebra
1. Equations and Inequalities
2. Functions and Graphs
3. Polynomial and Rational Functions
4. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
5. Systems of Equations and Inequalities
6. Matrices and Determinants
7. Conic Sections
8. Sequences, Induction, and Probability
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (May 8th 2017) - Copyright © 2018