Communication: Making Connections, 11th edition
Published by Pearson (January 14th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
Communication: Making Connections (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134874531Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Revel for Communication: Making Connections -- Instant Access
- Instant Access
Instant digital access to Revel. To register, you'll need a course invite link from your instructor.
Communication: Making Connections, Print edition
A soft-bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
Connect. Communicate. Thrive.
Revel™ Communication: Making Connections helps students make connections in their daily lives, communicate more effectively, and succeed in our ever-changing world. Authors William Seiler, Melissa Beall, and Joseph Mazer balance a thorough yet straightforward explanation of basic principles with a solid theoretical foundation, backed by the most up-to-date research. The 11th Edition offers expanded and updated coverage of key contemporary issues — such as the proliferation of social media and cultural diversity — which have important implications for the communication field.
Table of contents
1. Connecting Process and Principles in the 21st Century
2. Connecting Perception, Self, and Communication
3. Connecting through Culture and Diversity
4. Connecting through Verbal Communication
5. Connecting through Nonverbal Communication
6. Connecting through Social Media and New Technologies
7. Connecting Listening and Thinking in the Communication Process
PART 2: CONNECTING IN THE PUBLIC AND RELATIONAL CONTEXTS
8. Selecting a Topic and Connecting to the Audience
9. Research: Gathering and Using Information
10. Organizing and Outlining Your Speech
11. Managing Anxiety and Apprehension When Delivering Your Speech
12. Informative and Persuasive Speaking
13. Connecting through Interpersonal Communication: Developing, Maintaining, and Dissolving Relationships
14. Connecting through Participating in Groups and Teams
15. Connecting through Workplace Communication: Preparing for Your Future
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material