NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.
Communication Sciences and Disorders, 3/e introduces students to the field through clinicians, patients and families. Rich with examples, the first part covers foundational concepts of development, anatomy, physiology, augmentative communication and complex communication. Following these foundations, the second part highlights inherited and acquired disorders affecting children and older adults. A new chapter features multicultural topics, while an expanded chapter delves into advancements in assessment and intervention. Strong themes of literacy weave throughout. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of contents
PART I: FOUNDATIONS OF COMMUNICATION SCIENCES AND DISORDERS
1. Fundamentals of Communication Sciences and Disorders
2. An Overview of Communication Development
3. Anatomical and Physiological Bases of Communication and Communication Disorders
4. Augmentative and Alternative Communication and Complex Communication Needs
5. Communication Disorders in a Multicultural World
PART II: COMMUNICATION DISORDERS ACROSS THE LIFESPAN
6. Evidence-Based Practices in Assessment and Intervention
7. Child Language Disorders
8. Adult Language Disorders and Cognitive-Based Dysfunctions/Reading Disabilities
9. Speech Sound Disorders
10. Fluency Disorders
11. Voice Disorders
12. Motor Speech Disorders: Apraxia and Dysarthria
13. Pediatric Hearing Loss
14. Hearing Loss in Adults
15. Feeding and Swallowing Disorders
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (June 7th 2013) - Copyright © 2014