A bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
You'll get a bound printed text.
A thematic overview of comparative politics coupled with country studies that bring theory to life
Comparative Politics Today: A World View combines a comprehensive thematic overview of the discipline with in-depth country studies written by expert scholars in their respective fields. Emphasizing the similarities as well as the differences among governments around the globe, lead authors G. Bingham Powell, Jr., Kaare W. Strøm, Melanie Manion, and Russell J. Dalton help students to sort through the world’s complexity and to recognize patterns that lead to genuine political insight. Focusing as in previous editions on the challenges of democratization and globalization, the 12th Edition presents significantly updated coverage in the 12 detailed country studies as well as contemporary data throughout.
Comparative Politics Today: A World View, 12th Edition is also available via Revel™, an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience.
Table of contents
1. Challenge and Change in Comparative Politics
2. Comparing Political Systems
PART II: SYSTEM, PROCESS, AND POLICY
3. Political Culture and Political Socialization
4. Interest Representation, Interest Groups, and Political Parties
5. Government and Policymaking
6. Public Policy
PART III: COUNTRY STUDIES
7. Politics in Britain by Richard Rose
8. Politics in France by Martin A. Schain
9. Politics in Germany by Russell J. Dalton and Robert J. Rohrschneider
10. Politics in Japan by Frances Rosenbluth and Michael F. Thies
11. Politics in Russia by Thomas F. Remington
12. Politics in China by Melanie Manion
13. Politics in Mexico by Wayne A. Cornelius and Jeffrey A. Weldon
14. Politics in Brazil by Frances Hagopian and Timothy J. Power
15. Politics in Iran by Arang Keshavarzian and H. E. Chehabi
16. Politics in India by Subrata K. Mitra
17. Politics in Nigeria by A. Carl LeVan and Yahaya Baba
18. Politics in the United States by Thad Kousser
Published by Pearson (October 11th 2017) - Copyright © 2018