Comprehensive Classroom Management: Creating Communities of Support and Solving Problems, 12th edition
Published by Pearson (February 22nd 2020) - Copyright © 2021
What’s included with eText?
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook that helps you keep learning — no matter where life takes you.
Study anytime, anywhere
Add notes and highlights
Search by keyword or page number
Renew your access
Filled with practical advice, real-life examples, and specific strategies, Comprehensive Classroom Management helps you implement effective classroom management methods.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook that you can read online or offline. Make it your own by adding highlights and notes, and learn on the go with the mobile app. At the end of your subscription, you can opt to renew access to your eText and personalized notes.
Table of contents
PART I: FOUNDATIONS OF COMPREHENSIVE CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT
1. Classroom Management in Perspective
2. Understanding Students’ Basic Psychological Needs
PART II: CREATING A SAFE AND SUPPORTIVE LEARNING COMMUNITY
3. Establishing Positive Teacher—Student Relationships
4. Creating Positive Peer Relationships
5. Working with Family Members
6. Developing Standards for Classroom Behavior and Methods for Maximizing On-Task Student Behavior
PART III: INCREASING STUDENT MOTIVATION AND LEARNING BY IMPLEMENTING INSTRUCTIONAL METHODS THAT MEET STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC NEEDS
7. Enhancing Students’ Motivation to Learn
PART IV: WHEN PREVENTION IS NOT ENOUGH: METHODS FOR ALTERING UNPRODUCTIVE STUDENT BEHAVIOR
8. Responding to Behavior That Disrupts the Learning Process
9. Using Problem Solving to Resolve Behavior Problems
APPENDIX A: Possible Procedures for Common Areas in an Elementary School
APPENDIX B: Recommendations for Secondary-Level Teachers Regarding the Teaching of Limited-English-Proficient Students
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material