A bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
You'll get a bound printed text.
As part of the Pearson print rental program, this print textbook is available for students to rent for their Spring 2018 classes. The print rental program provides students with affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed
For courses in computer programming.
Evaluates the fundamentals of contemporary computer programming languages
Concepts of Computer Programming Languages, 12th Edition introduces readers to the fundamental concepts of computer programming languages and provides them with the tools necessary to evaluate contemporary and future languages. Through a critical analysis of design issues of various program languages, the text teaches readers the essential differences between computing with specific languages, while the in-depth discussion of programming language structures also prepares them to study compiler design. The 12th Edition includes new material on contemporary languages like Swift and Python, replacing discussions of outdated languages.
Table of contents
2. Evolution of the Major Programming Languages
3. Describing Syntax and Semantics
4. Lexical and Syntax Analysis
5. Names, Bindings, and Scopes
6. Data Types
7. Expressions and Assignment Statements
8. Statement-Level Control Structures
10. Implementing Subprograms
11. Abstract Data Types and Encapsulation Constructs
12. Support for Object-Oriented Programming
14. Exception Handling and Event Handling
15. Functional Programming Languages
16. Logic Programming Languages
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material