Construction Scheduling: Principles and Practices, 2nd edition
Published by Pearson (July 7th 2008) - Copyright © 2009
This product is not available in your country
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.This text is a comprehensive, stand alone reference for project management scheduling. It features a unique combination of principles/fundamentals of scheduling and project management along with practical applications and tutorials of the 4 most common scheduling software programs–Microsoft Project, Primavera Project Planner (P3), SureTrak, P6 Project Manager and Contractor. Having scheduling information and software instructions in one book obviates the need for two texts, and the exercises and examples in the scheduling portion are tied to the same exercises in the software portions.
Table of contents
1. Overview of Project Management Basics.
2. Why Schedule?
3. Checklists, Daily To-Do Lists, & Magnetic Scheduling Boards.
4. Bar Chart Schedules.
5. Introduction to CPM Scheduling.
6. Creating the Network Logic Diagram.
7. Determining Durations.
8. Calculating Start & Finish Dates.
9. Calculating Total, Shared, Free, Independent Float, and Negative Float.
10. Using Lags In Network Logic Diagrams.
11. Reviewing and Analyzing the Schedule.
12. Creating Bar Charts and Tabular Reports from Network Logic Diagrams.
13. Linear or Line-of-Balance Schedules.
14. Updating the Schedule.
15. Using the Schedule to Forecast and Balance Resources.
16. Cost Schedule Control System Criteria (C/SCSC).
17. Creating Teamwork and to Getting Subcontractors to Conform to the Schedule.
18. Other Scheduling Techniques.
19. Introduction to Computerized CPM Scheduling.
20. Managing Projects Using Primavera Project Planner (P3).
21. Managing Projects Using SureTrak.
22. Managing Projects Using Microsoft Project.
23. Managing Projects Using P6 Project Manager or Contractor.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material