Contemporary Business Law, 8th edition
Published by Pearson (December 31st 2013) - Copyright © 2015
Contemporary Business Law (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780133745313Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Contemporary Business Law, Student Value Edition
ISBN-13: 9780133471083Includes: Loose-Leaf
You'll get loose-leaf, three-hole-punched pages ready to be placed in a binder.
Contemporary Business Law
ISBN-13: 9780133578164Includes: Hardcover
You'll get a bound printed text.
Primarily a text for courses in Business Law, Contemporary Business Law can also serve as a handy resource/reference for newcomers to the world of business.
Take students beyond rote memorization and into true understanding of the concepts and their implications.
This motivating, up-to-date text presents business law, ethics, and the legal environment in a way that intrigues students, spurs them to ask questions, and takes them beyond rote memorization as they learn the issues and concepts. With its emphasis on covering online law and e-commerce as key parts of the legal environment—as well as today’s social, ethical, and international issues that are important to the study of business law—it’s the ideal text for your one- or two-semester undergraduate course in Business Law.
This text provides a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Tailor the material to your specific course with the Custom Database option.
- Draw students into the material with a rich selection of cases.
- Address issues critical to the field of business law today.
Table of contents
Part I Legal, Ethical, and Digital Environment
1. Legal Heritage and the Digital Age
2. Constitutional Law for Business and E-Commerce
3. Courts and Jurisdiction
4. Judicial, Alternative, Administrative, and E-Dispute Resolution
5. Intentional Torts and Negligence
6. Criminal Law and Cyber Crimes
7. Intellectual Property and Cyber Piracy
8. Ethics and Social Responsibility of Business
Part II Contracts and E-Commerce
9. Nature of Traditional and E-Contracts
10. Agreement and Consideration
11. Capacity and Legality
12. Genuineness of Assent and Statute of Frauds
13. Third-Party Rights and Discharge
14. Breach of Contract and Remedies
15. Digital Law and E-Commerce
Part III Sales and Lease Contracts and Product Liability
16. Formation of Sales and Lease Contracts
17. Title to Goods and Risk of Loss
18. Remedies for Breach of Sales and Lease Contracts
19. Warranties and Product Liability
Part IV Negotiable Instruments, Banking, and Electronic Financial Transactions
20. Creation and Transfer of Negotiable Instruments
21. Holder in Due Course and Liability of Parties
22. Banking System and Electronic Financial Transactions
Part V Credit, Secured Transactions, and Bankruptcy
23. Credit, Real Property Financing, and Secured Transactions
24. Bankruptcy and Reorganization
Part VI Business Organizations, Corporate Governance, and Investor Protection
25. Agency Law
26. Small Business, Entrepreneurship, and Partnerships
27. Corporate Formation and Financing
28. Corporate Governance and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
29. Corporate Acquisitions and Multinational Corporations
30. Limited Liability Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships
31. Franchise and Special Forms of Business
32. Investor Protection, E-Securities, and Wall Street Reform
Part VII Government Regulation and Employment Law
33. Antitrust Law and Unfair Trade Practices
34. Consumer Safety and Environmental Protection
35. Labor, Worker Protection, and Immigration Law
36. Equal Opportunity in Employment
Part VIII Property, Insurance, and Estates
37. Personal Property, Bailment, and Insurance
38. Real Property, Landlord-Tenant Law, and Land Use Regulation
39. Family Law, Wills, and Trusts
Part IX Accounting Profession
40. Accountants’ Duties and Liability
Part X Global Environment
41. International and World Trade Law
A The Constitution of the United States of America
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material