Contemporary Organizational Behavior: From Ideas to Action, 1st edition
Published by Pearson (January 8th 2015) - Copyright © 2016
You'll get a bound printed text.
For Courses in Organizational Behavior
Applying Organizational Behavior
Contemporary Organizational Behavior: From Ideas to Action is an unconventional text that approaches Organizational Behavior in conceptual, contextual, and experiential ways. Using real world examples and expert advice, the First Edition engages students, rather than merely introducing vocabulary and terms. A combination of Topic Summaries, Case Studies, and Experiential Exercises introduce OB concepts to students while challenging them to understand them in applied situations.
Key Topics: Introduction to Contemporary Organizational Behavior; Individual Characteristics; Learning; Perceptions; Leading and Leadership Processes in Organizations; Leadership; Motivation; Topic 7: Power, Influence, and Impression Management; Decision-Making; Interpersonal Processes in Organization; Groups and Teams; Negotiation; Communication and Diversity; Organizational Processes; Culture; Change, Innovation, Stress; Corporate Social Responsibility, Ethics, and Sustainability
This book is suitable for anyone studying Organizational Behavior.
Table of contents
Topic 1. Introduction to Contemporary Organizational Behavior
The Individual in the Organization
Topic 2. Individual Characteristics
Topic 3. Learning
Topic 4. Perceptions
Leading and Leadership Processes in Organizations
Topic 5. Leadership
Topic 6. Motivation
Topic 7. Power, Influence, and Impression Management
Topic 8. Decision-Making
Interpersonal Processes in Organizations
Topic 9. Groups and Teams
Topic 10. Negotiation
Topic 11. Communication and Diversity
Topic 12. Culture
Topic 13. Change, Innovation, Stress
Topic 14. Corporate Social Responsibility, Ethics, and Sustainability
Section II. Cases
1. Perceptions of Leaders Following Public Failures: A Tale of Two Coaches
2. The Case of Apple iPhone 4
3. NASCAR’s Drive for Diversity: Can They Reach the Finish Line?
4. Face Time at TechPoint Software Inc.
5. EMERGENCY: We Need a Better Compensation System!
6. Conflict in Santa’s Workshop: Learning to be a Team Player at ToyKing
7. What Ever Happened to One of the “100 Best Companies to Work For?”: A Case Study of Hewlett-Packard
8. “We are Global or We are Nothing” — Conflict and Cover-Up at ColeQuarter Marine
Section III. Exercises
1. Big Five Celebrity Spotlight
2. Creating My Brand
3. My Expat Assignment
4. How Leaders Effect You
5. My Best and Worst Learning Experiences
6. Developing Your Career–Leadership Development in Action
7. Development While in College
8. Facts and Opinions
9. Being Positive
10. Force Field Analysis
11. Bias and Decision-Making
12. Well-Being at Work
13. What Stresses You Out?
14. Laughter Is the Best Medicine
15. Building My Network–Individual
16. Writing a Team Contract
17. Design Your Technology
18. Team Performance Evaluation
19. Overcoming Resistance
20. Employment Branding
21. OD Techniques at Work
22. A Clash of Cultures
23. What’s Your University Culture?
24. Find the Artifacts
25. Back-to-Back Change
26. Social Media Dilemma
27. Develop Your Professional Code
28. Communication Breakdown
29. Diversity Rocks
30. You Can’t Handle the Truth
31. The Ethics of the Climb
33. Could I Be a Whistleblower?
34. Sustainability Practice at Work
35. Who Do I Fire?
36. What are My Values?
37. Team Survival Simulation
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material