Controlling Stress and Tension, 9th edition
Published by Pearson (December 10th 2019) - Copyright © 2013
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.
Controlling Stress and Tension takes a multifaceted, holistic approach to stress management. The first part of the book discusses the stress problem and our potential for achieving solutions to it. The next chapters examine potential stress-producing elements in everyday life. The remainder of the book offers techniques for alleviating stress and tension. Personal journal activities and self-assessments placed throughout the book encourage students to apply the concepts they have learned to themselves. These activities are brought together at the conclusion of the book, helping you develop your own stress-management program. The Ninth Edition has a strengthened supplements package, updates to content to keep the text current, and more practical activities.
Table of contents
1. Stress, Stressors and Stress Management
2. Systems That Control Stress Arousal
3. The Body’s Response to Stress
4. The Human Spirit
5. Stressful Emotions, Thoughts, and Beliefs
6. Patterns of Behavior
7. Demands and Expectations
8. Stress and the Human Environment Interaction
9. Stress in Relationships
10. Psychological Trauma and Human Resilience
11. Stress in the Workplace
12. Breathing and Relaxation
13. Muscle Relaxation
14. Autogenics and Visual Imagery
15. Yoga and Stretch-Relaxation
17. Stress Reduction through Physical Activity
18. Your Personal Stress Management Plan
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material