Criminal Behavior: A Psychological Approach, 12th edition
Digital book that you can read instantly
Criminal Behavior: A Psychological Approach (Subscription)
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Criminal Behavior: A Psychological Approach [RENTAL EDITION]
This print textbook is available for students to rent for their classes. The Pearson print rental program provides students with affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.
For courses in criminal behavior, criminology, and forensic psychology.
A comprehensive psychological approach to criminal and antisocial behavior.
Building on a tradition of excellence, Criminal Behavior: A Psychological Approach is accurate, well-researched, contemporary, and comprehensive. It offers a detailed look at crime, what may lead to it, and how criminal behavior may be prevented – all from a psychological perspective. With a focus on serious crimes, particularly those involving violence, this text offers an all-inclusive look at a very complex field through effective and engaging material. The 12th Edition features increased coverage of contemporary issues, including bias and hate crimes, human trafficking, sexual assault, cyberbullying, and mass killings.
Table of contents
- Introduction to Criminal Behavior
- Origins of Criminal Behavior: Developmental Risk and Protective Factors
- Origins of Criminal Behavior: Biological/Neurological Factors
- Origins of Criminal Behavior: Learning and Situational Factors
- Human Aggression and Violence
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Crime and Mental Disorders
- Homicide, Assault, and Intimate Partner and Family Violence
- Multiple Murder, School, and Workplace Violence
- Psychology of Modern Terrorism
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Assault of Children and Youth
- Burglary, Home Invasions, Thefts, and "White-Collar" Offenses
- Violent Economic Crime, Cybercrime, and Crimes of Intimidation
Published by Pearson (March 6th 2020) - Copyright © 2021