Criminal Investigation: The Art and the Science, 9th edition
Published by Pearson (February 28th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
Criminal Investigation: The Art and the Science (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780135234860Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Revel for Criminal Investigation: The Art and the Science -- Instant Access
- Instant Access
Instant digital access to Revel. To register, you'll need a course invite link from your instructor.
Criminal Investigation: The Art and the Science , Loose-Leaf Edition
ISBN-13: 9780135234839Includes: Loose-Leaf
You'll get loose-leaf, three-hole-punched pages ready to be placed in a binder.
Criminal Investigation: The Art and the Science
ISBN-13: 9780135186213Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
For introductory courses in criminal investigation.
Blending theory and practice in criminal investigation
Criminal Investigation: The Art and the Science — by nationally recognized criminal investigation expert Michael Lyman — is a clear, thorough examination of the fundamentals of criminal investigation and forensic science, as currently practiced throughout the US. It explores past experiences of investigators alongside forensic and technological innovations. Paralleling the steps of the criminal investigation, the 9th edition has been extensively updated with new and revised material, a new chapter on investigating officer-involved shootings, and updated case studies and graphics.
Criminal Investigation: The Art and the Science, 9th Edition, is also available via Revel™, an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience.
Table of contents
PART I: ESSENTIALS OF CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION
1. Foundations and History of Criminal Investigation
2. The Crime Scene: Identification and Collection of Evidence
3. The Crime Scene: Field Notes, Documenting, and Reporting
PART II: FOLLOW-UP INVESTIGATIVE PROCESSES
4. Identification of Criminal Suspects: Field and Laboratory Services
5. Legal Issues in Criminal Investigation
PART III: INFORMATION GATHERING
6. Interviews and Interrogations
7. Criminal Intelligence and Surveillance Operations
8. Undercover Operations and Informant Management
PART IV: CRIMES AGAINST PERSONS
9. Death Investigations
11. Assault and Related Offenses
12. Missing and Abducted Persons
13. Crimes against Children: Child Abuse, Child Fatalities, and Exploitation
PART V: CRIMES AGAINST PROPERTY
14. Theft-Related Offenses
15. Arson, Bombings, and Terrorism
PART VI: SPECIAL INVESTIGATIONS: DRUG TRAFFICKING, WHITE-COLLAR CRIME, AND POLICE SHOOTING INVESTIGATIONS
16. Special Investigations: Drug Trafficking and Gangs
17. Special Investigations: White-Collar, Corporate, and Computer-Related Crimes
18. Investigations of Officer-Involved Shootings
PART VII: PROSECUTION
19. Preparation for Court
A. Collection and Preservation of Physical Evidence
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material