This book seeks to explore the problem of cybercrime, which is a continual and increasing threat to the information society. The author presents the hacker culture and also considers hacktivism and cyberterrorism; the trend towards hiring hackers to test systems; the role of hacking in next-generation warfare; and today's most important countermeasures.
Table of contents
1. “You are here”—Welcome to the information society.
2. Crime in the information society.
3. Hackers—Anti-heroes of the computer revolution?
4. Delving deeper—What hackers do and how they do it.
5. Manifestations of malware.
6. Societal impacts of cybercrime.
7. Commercial and political evolution.
8. Where do we go from here?
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Addison-Wesley Professional (December 6th 2001) - Copyright © 2002