You'll get a bound printed text.
This easy-to-read book provides quick lessons on relational database terminology and normalization with very little effort. Updated for Oracle 9i, its thorough coverage of Oracle's SQL and PL/SQL and introduction to advanced SQL topics makes this a must for busy professionals. The many examples, with output shown as screenshots, provide ample opportunity for the reader to easily understand and learn to use Oracle and SQL. KEY TOPICS: First introducing relational database concepts, the book covers SQL (Structured Query Language); Programming Language (the extension to SQL); and then proceeds to advanced topics, which include Oracle architecture and database administration with enterprise tools. MARKET: For any IT professional who needs to understand SQL or Oracle database systems.
Table of contents
- I. RELATIONAL DATABASE CONCEPTS.
- 1. Database Concepts: A Relational Approach.
- 2. Database Design: Data Modeling and Normalization.
- II. ORACLE SQL.
- 3. Oracle 9i: An Overview.
- 4. Oracle Tables: Data Definition Language (DDL).
- 5. Working with Tables: Data Manipulation and Retrieval.
- 6. Working with Tables: Functions and Grouping.
- 7. Multiple Tables: Joins and Set Operators.
- 8. Subqueries: Nested Queries.
- 9. Advanced Features: Objects, Transactions, and Data Control.
- SQL Review: Review of SQL Statements Covered in Chapters 3-9 with a Sample Database.
- III. PL/SQL.
- 10. PL/SQL: A Programming Language.
- 11. More on PL/SQL: Control Structures and Embedded SQL.
- 12. Cursors and Exceptions.
- 13. PL/SQL Composite Data Types: Records, Tables, and Varrays.
- 14. PL/SQL Named Blocks: Procedure, Function, Package, and Trigger.
- IV. ADVANCED TOPICS.
- 15. Connecting to Oracle Database: JDBC, SQLJ.
- 16. Oracle 9i Architecture and Administration.
- Appendix A: Sample Databases—Table Definitions.
- Appendix B: Quick Reference to SQL & PL/SQL Syntax.
- Appendix C: Reference to SQL*Plus Commands.
- Appendix D: Object Orientation with Oracle.
- Appendix E: Additional References—Websites and Books.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (May 13th 2004) - Copyright © 2004