You'll get a bound printed text.
Now in its eighth edition, this newly revised version of a classic text from the field of machine design contains 15 self-contained chapters covering the fundamental principles for this important branch of mechanical engineering. The material is drawn from a variety of sources and makes extensive use of structured computational examples to illustrate actual design applications.
Among the key features of this new edition are:
- A new chapter on the design with plastic materials.
- A chapter devoted to form synthesis of machine parts to enable the reader to critique existing machine assemblages with a view toward creating improved designs.
- A CD-ROM containing 54 Microsoft Excel spreadsheet modules to assist with the implementation of complex design tasks. Most of these modules now feature drop-down menus, as well as dual-unit capability.
- A review of the fundamentals of the strength of materials appropriate for the study of machine design.
Table of contents
1. Fundamental Principles.
2. Working Stresses and Failure Theories.
3. Design of Shafts.
6. Belts, Clutches, Brakes, and Chains.
7. Welded and Riveted Connections.
9. Ball and Roller Bearings.
10. Spur Gears.
11. Helical, Bevel and Worm Gears.
12. Miscellaneous Machine Elements.
13. Principles of Form Synthesis.
14. Engineering Materials.
15. Designing with Plastic Materials.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material