You'll get a bound printed text.
Are you looking for practical, yet comprehensive guidelines for developing a standards-based paper or electronic professional teaching portfolio?
Look no further! The third edition of Developing a Professional Teaching Portfolio: A Guide for Success leads you through the rigorous process of documenting the qualities of good teaching: sound planning and preparation, able classroom management, attention to quality instruction, and continuous professional growth. Real-world examples accompany expert advice on both content and presentation to help you create an effective portfolio that correlates evidence with national and state standards.
Practical Features for Your Success:
- A standards-based framework throughout the guide aids in selection of appropriate evidence of performance.
- A step-by-step process for creating a paper or electronic portfolio in three distinct phases of development simplifies portfolio construction.
- Assessment instruments facilitate evaluation of portfolio content.
- Nearly 100 examples, 25 new to this edition, of content and evidence of performance from teacher and intern portfolios model the elements of the book.
- Tear-out worksheets assist in content development during the portfolio creation process.
- NEW! Expanded information on creating electronic portfolios includes techniques for evaluating the quality of technical aspects of the portfolio and outlines a method for converting a paper portfolio into an electronic one.
- NEW! References to web sites supply additional information about electronic portfolios, including tips for development, online examples, and rubrics for assessment.
- NEW! References to 15 professional organizations provide access to professional standards related to specific areas of certification.
Table of contents
CHAPTER 1 Understanding the Concept 00
What Is a Professional Teaching Portfolio?
Types of Portfolios
Pre-service Teacher Portfolios
In-service Teacher Portfolios
Benefits of Portfolio Development
Fosters Self-Assessment and Reflection
Provides Personal Satisfaction and Renewal
Provides Tools for Empowerment
Provides a Holistic Approach to Assessment
Portfolio Development Issues
Labor-Intensive and Time-Consuming Preparation
Quality of Document Presentation
Evaluation of Portfolio Evidence
Chapter 1 Activities
CHAPTER 2 Performance Standards, Accountability, and Portfolio Development
Performance Standards as a Determinant of Teacher Competency
The Importance of Performance Standards to Teaching and Professional Portfolios
Teaching Standards Correlate with Student Standards
Standards Target Outcomes for Teachers
Standards Establish Credibility
Standards Provide a Common Language
Standards Demonstrate a Commitment to Professional Accountability
Standards Provide a Framework for Teaching Assessment and Evaluation
Using Standards and Universal Themes as a Framework for Portfolio Development
Linking Coursework to Performance Standards
Linking a Professional Development Plan to Performance Standards
No Child Left Behind–The Era of Widespread Accountability
Chapter 2 Activ
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material