You'll get a bound printed text.
Build Web services with enterprise-class reliability, performance, and value
Web services are transforming IT, and represent a powerful new way to reduce cost and drive top-line growth throughout the enterprise. This book takes a no-nonsense view of architecting and constructing enterprise-class Web services and applications. The authors expertly assess the current state of the Web services platform, offering best practices and new architectural patterns for leveraging the advantages of Web services--and mitigating the risks.
- Build Web services and applications that meet enterprise requirements for security, mobility, transactions, QoS, workflow, portlets, management, and more
- Avoid the "bottomless pit" of application rewriting and maintenance overhead
- Architect applications to stay reliable even if some Web services go off-line
- Scale applications to support the inclusion of Web services from multiple partners
- Secure private information within Web services environments
- Develop high-value mobile Web service applications
- Includes a detailed case study
Whether you're an architect, developer, project leader, or manager, this book will help you deliver on the promise of Web services in your real-world enterprise environment.
Table of contents
Foreword by David Bunnell.
I. BASIC WEB SERVICES STANDARDS, TECHNOLOGIES, AND CONCEPTS.
II. ADVANCED WEB SERVICES TECHNOLOGIES AND STANDARDS.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material