Developing Secure Applications with Visual Basic, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Using client-proven methods, and over 15 years of programming experience, expert author Davis Chapman empowers developers to create powerful, secure applications. Developing Secure Applications with Visual Basic first provides you with an understanding of encryption, and then guides you through adding security features to your own applications using the Microsoft CryptoAPI, and the new security features of Windows 2000. Developers who have been confused by the high-end, academic style of other encryption books and cryptography theory will delight with Chapman's understandable style and hands-on methods. This book covers security topics developers want and need to know including File Encryption, Encrypted Communications, Working with Certificates, Digital Signatures, SChannel Communications (SSL), Secure E-Mail, and much more.
Table of contents
1. Understanding Encryption and Application Security.
2. Getting Started with the CryptoAPI.
3. Symmetric and Password Encryption.
4. Public/Private Key Communications.
5. Requesting and Retrieving Certificates.
6. Working with Certificates.
7. Working with Certificate Revocation Lists.
8. Using Digital Signatures.
9. DCOM Through SSL.
10. Understanding Windows 2000 Security and Security Descriptors.
11. Using NT Login Authentication.
12. Working with Active Directory Security (ADSI) and an LDAP Server.
13. Active Directory Security and Searching.
14. Developing with COM+ Security.
15. Microsoft Certificate Server.
16. Security Standards.
17. Legal Issues of Digital Signatures and Encryption.
Appendix A. Cryptographic Service Providers.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Sams Publishing (May 18th 2000) - Copyright © 2000