Developmental Disabilities: Introduction to a Diverse Field, 1st edition
Free deliveryWas$226.65 Now$181.32
Developmental Disabilities: Introduction to a Diverse Field
KEY BENEFIT: This book provides a broad introduction to an overview of developmental disabilities for future practitioners, educators, healthcare personnel, parents, and other lay people. KEY TOPICS: Written in a manner accessible to all, this book presents a coherent picture of developmental disabilities by focusing on etiology (causes and risk factors), clinical phenomena, social factors, service delivery models, historical factors, and prevention. It stresses the revolution in services for persons with disabilities over the past few decades and emphasizes the importance of using a lifespan developmental model in service and research. MARKET: For psychologists, educators, and special educators.
Table of contents
1. Defining Developmental Disabilities.
2. Normal Prenatal Development.
3. Normal Postnatal Development.
4. Endogenous Etiological Factors in Disabilities: Genetic Defects.
5. Endogenous Etiological Factors in Disabilities: "Chromosomal Anomalies."
6. Exogenous Etiologic Factors in Disabilities: Prenatal Origins.
7. Exogenous Etiological Factors in Disabilities Prenatal Origins (Continued).
8. Exogenous Etiological Factors in Developmental Disabilities: Perinatal and Postnatal Environmental Origins.
9. Mental Retardation (Intellectual Disabilities).
10. Social Determinants in Mental Retardation: "The Active Socialization Hypothesis.
11. Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
12. Seizure Disorders.
13. Cerebral Palsy.
14. Learning Disabilities.
15. Services for Persons with Developmental Disabilities.
16. Deviance, Responsible Social Agents, and Prevention "In Developmental Difficulties.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (June 20th 2001) - Copyright © 2002