Direct Instruction Mathematics, 5th edition
Published by Pearson (June 2nd 2017) - Copyright © 2018
Designing Effective Math Instruction (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134529905Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Direct Instruction Mathematics, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
ISBN-13: 9780134576732Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
Direct Instruction Mathematics -- Enhanced Pearson eText
ISBN-13: 9780134529899Includes: Instant Access
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.
The information needed to design effective supplemental mathematics instruction and to evaluate and modify commercially developed math programs.
This resource provides teachers with evidence-based teaching strategies for supplementing mathematics instruction for students from preschool through Grade 8, and for older students and adult learners who are struggling with basic skills. Included are procedures for evaluating and modifying currently available commercially developed math programs, plus systematic procedures for addressing both conceptual understanding and procedural fluency for topics represented by the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). The new edition includes an updated chapter on research, new content related to probability and data analysis, and video links to teaching demonstrations for many of the teaching formats (in the Enhanced Pearson eText). Direct Instruction Mathematics contains Instructional Sequence and Assessment Charts that can serve as the basis for designing diagnostic tests as well as for constructing goals and objectives.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.*
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
013457673X / 9780134576732 Direct Instruction Mathematics, Enhanced Pearson eText with Bound Book-- Access Card Package, 5th Edition
Package consists of:
- 0134529855 / 9780134529851 Direct Instruction Mathematics, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card, 5th Edition
- 013471122X / 9780134711225 Direct Instruction Mathematics, Bound Book, 5th Edition
Table of contents
Part I: PERSPECTIVE
1. Direct Instruction
2. Relevant Research on Mathematics Instruction
3. Curriculum Evaluation and Modification
Part II: BASIC CONCEPTS AND SKILLS
5. Symbol Identification and Place Value
6. Basic Facts
11. Problem Solving
12. Measurement, Time, and Money
Part III: EXTENDED CONCEPTS AND SKILLS
15. Percent, Ratio, and Probability
16. Data Analysis
Appendix A: Direct Instruction and CCSS
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material