Drugs, Behavior, and Modern Society, Updated Edition, 8th edition
Published by Pearson (June 19th 2015) - Copyright © 2016
- Instant Access
An interactive, digital, and mobile learning environment that replaces the traditional printed text. To register, you’ll need a course invite link from your instructor.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
REVEL is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, REVEL offers an immersive learning experience designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn. Enlivening course content with media interactives and assessments, REVEL empowers educators to increase engagement with the course, and to better connect with students.
NOTE: REVEL is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone REVEL access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use REVEL.
Table of contents
1. Drugs and Behavior Today
2. Drug-Taking Behavior: The Personal and Social Concerns
3. How Drugs Work in the Body and on the Mind
PART II: LEGALLY RESTRICTED DRUGS IN OUR SOCIETY
4. The Major Stimulants: Cocaine and Amphetamines
5. Narcotics: Opium, Heroin, and Synthetic Opiates
6. LSD and Other Hallucinogens
PART III: LEGAL DRUGS IN OUR SOCIETY
8. Alcohol: Social Beverage/Social Drug
9. Chronic Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
10. Nicotine and Tobacco Use
PART IV: ENHANCERS AND DEPRESSANTS
12. Performance Enhancing Drugs and Drug Testing in Sports
13. Depressants and Inhalants
PART V: MEDICINAL DRUGS
14. Prescription Drugs, Over-the-Counter Drugs, and Dietary Supplements
15. Drugs for Treating Schizophrenia and Mood Disorders
PART VI: PREVENTION AND TREATMENT
16. Substance-Abuse Prevention
17. Substance-Abuse Treatment: Strategies for Change
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material