Early Childhood Development: A Multicultural Perspective, 7th edition
Published by Pearson (April 19th 2017) - Copyright © 2018
Pearson eText Early Childhood Development: A Multicultural Perspective -- Instant Access
ISBN-13: 9780136941682Includes: eText (12-month access)
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook that helps you keep learning — no matter where life takes you.
MyLab Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Early Childhood Development: A Multicultural Perspective
- Instant Access
Instant digital access to MyLab with eText. To register, you'll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
Early Childhood Development: A Multicultural Perspective
A soft-bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
Early Childhood Development: A Multicultural Perspective, Loose-Leaf Version
ISBN-13: 9780135166123Includes: Loose-Leaf
You'll get loose-leaf, three-hole-punched pages ready to be placed in a binder.
This print textbook is available for students to rent for their classes. The Pearson print rental program provides students with affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to MyLab Education with Pearson eText. To order MyLab Education® with Pearson eText packaged with the bound book, use ISBN 0134522737.
Early Childhood Development: A Multicultural Perspective is intended to assist future teachers, child-care providers, and family service and mental health professionals in understanding and celebrating the rich diversity of development among children in all neighborhoods in the United States and around the globe.
The Seventh Edition includes an extended examination of dual-language learners; new Applying Chapter Ideas features and learning objectives; recent research in neuroscience; more than 400 new research studies and articles on early childhood development; and an increased emphasis on newer or more culturally inclusive theories of development.
Also available with MyLab Education
This title is also available with MyLab Education- an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with the text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students see key concepts demonstrated through video clips, practice what they learn, test their understanding, and receive feedback to guide their learning and ensure they master key learning outcomes.
Table of contents
1. Studying Early Childhood Development in a Diverse World 1
2. Research and Assessment in Early Childhood Development 17
3. Theories of Child Development 39
4. Genetics, Prenatal Development, and Birth 73
5. The Newborn 95
6. Physical Growth of Infants and Toddlers 113
7. Cognitive Development of Infants and Toddlers 138
8. Infant and Toddler Language and Literacy 162
9. Infant and Toddler Social and Emotional Development 182
10. Preschool Physical and Motor Development 210
11. Cognitive Development in the Preschool Years 239
12. Symbolic Thought: Play, Language, and Literacy in the Preschool Years 269
13. Social and Emotional Development of Preschoolers 308
14. Physical Growth and Motor Development in the Primary Years 342
15. Cognitive Development in the Primary Years 368
16. Language and Literacy in the Primary Years 410
17. Social and Emotional Development in the Primary Years 442
18. Parents, Families, and Children: A Multicultural Perspective 477
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material