Early Childhood Education Today
You'll get a bound printed text.
George Morrison’s Early Childhood Education Today presents current, research-based information on providing high-quality early education to all children so that they can be successful in school and in life. The new edition retains the engaging style that has made the book so popular and provides practical examples of authentic teaching practices used by master teachers. Its strong coverage of development in the age/grade-specific chapters, emphasis on diversity, and coverage of contemporary topics and issues make this text stand apart from other early childhood education texts.
The Fourteenth Edition integrates 14 themes that are critical to the field today: the importance of all children’s language and literacy development and competence; teaching children who may need help with English language learning; teaching in increasingly diverse classrooms; applying developmentally appropriate practices; closing the achievement gap; integrating special education and early childhood education services; teaching in inclusive classrooms; closing school readiness gaps; the expanding role of preschool education; meeting the challenges of teacher accountability; integrating STEAM subjects into the curriculum; providing for children’s mental health; using technology to support learners; and developing as a professional.
Also available with Revel
Revel™ is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, Revel replaces the textbook and gives students everything they need for the course. Informed by extensive research on how people read, think, and learn, Revel is an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience–for less than the cost of a traditional textbook.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; Revel does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with Revel, ask your instructor to confirm the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and Revel, search for:
0134995171 / 9780134995175 Revel for Early Childhood Education Today
Package consists of:
0134488423 / 9780134488424 Revel for Early Childhood Education Today -- Access Card
0134895118 / 9780134895116 Early Childhood Education Today
Table of contents
- You and Early Childhood Education: What Does It Mean to Be a Professional?
- Current Issues and Public Policy: Contemporary Influences on Children and Families
- Observation and Assessment for Teaching and Learning: Effective Teaching through Appropriate Evaluation
- The Past and the Present: Prologue to the Future
- Theories Applied to Teaching and Learning: Foundations for Practice
- Early Childhood Programs: Applying Theories to Practice
- Child Care: Meeting the Needs of Children and Families
- Federal and State Governments: Supporting Children’s Success
- Infants and Toddlers: Foundation Years for Learning
- The Preschool Years: Readiness for School and Life
- Kindergarten Education: Learning All You Need to Know
- The Primary Grades: Preparation for Lifelong Success
- Technology and Young Children: Education for the Information Age
- Guiding Children: Helping Children Become Responsible
- Understanding Children’s Culture
- Children with Diverse Needs: Appropriate Education for All
- Parents, Families, and the Community: Building Partnerships for Student Success
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (March 14th 2018) - Copyright © 2018