NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab™ & Mastering™ products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For all introductory physical geology courses.
This package includes Mastering Geology.
Learning Objective-driven textbook, using augmented reality to bring geology to life
With its strong readability and engaging, instructive illustrations, this trusted bestseller returns with a hybrid and streamlined focus on core principles. Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology maintains a learning objective-driven approach throughout each chapter: The text provides students with a structured learning path, tied to learning objectives with opportunities for students to demonstrate their understanding at the end of each section. The authors’ emphasis on currency and relevance includes the latest thinking in the field, particularly in the dynamic area of plate tectonics.
The 12th Edition, Pearson Science’s first augmented reality, hybrid textbook, uses the BouncePages image recognition app (FREE on both iOS and Android stores) to connect students’ digital devices to the print textbook, enhancing their reading and learning experience. Tarbuck/Lutgens’s innovative SmartFigures feature has been expanded, adding new digital content via Project Condor, Mobile Field Trips by Michael Collier, Animated Figures, and additional tutorial videos from Callan Bentley.This edition also includes Mastering Geology,the most complete, easy-to-use, engaging tutorial and assessment tool available.
0134127641/ 9780134127644 Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology Plus Mastering Geology with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134074254 / 9780134074252 Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology
- 0134182642 / 9780134182643 Mastering Geology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology
Table of contents
1. An Introduction to Geology
2. Plate Tectonics: A Scientific Revolution Unfolds
3. Matter and Minerals
4. Magma, Igneous Rocks, and Intrusive Activity
5. Volcanoes and Volcanic Hazards
6. Weathering and Soil
7. Sedimentary Rocks
8. Metamorphism and Metamorphic Rocks
9. Geologic Time
10. Crustal Deformation
11. Earthquakes and Earthquake Hazards
12. Earth’s Interior
13. Divergent Boundaries: Origin and Evolution of the Ocean Floor
14. Convergent Boundaries: Origin of Mountains
15. Mass Wasting: The Work of Gravity
16. Running Water
18. Glaciers and Glaciation
19. Deserts and Winds
21. Global Climate Change
22. Earth’s Evolution Through Geologic Time
23. Energy and Mineral Resources
24. Touring Our Solar System
Appendix A: Metric and English Units Compared
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material