NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For all introductory physical geology courses.
This package includes Mastering Geology.
Bringing Earth to life
Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology, 13th Edition, is a leading text in the field, characterized by no-nonsense, student-friendly writing, excellent illustrations, and a modular learning path driven by learning objectives. The new editionis the first to integrate 3D technology that brings geology to life. This edition features significant content updates, a new Geology in the News feature to promote student engagement, and a new Data Analysis feature to help develop students’ critical thinking skills.
Personalize learning with Mastering Geology
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, Mastering personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.Built for, and directly tied to the text, Mastering Geology enables students to get hands on with tools and activities to practice, learn, and apply geology outside of the classroom.
0135191122 / 9780135191125 Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology Plus Mastering Geology with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0135188318 / 9780135188316 Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology
- 0135188660 / 9780135188668 Mastering Geology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology
Table of contents
- An Introduction to Geology
- Plate Tectonics: A Scientific Revolution Unfolds
- Matter and Minerals
- Igneous Rocks and Intrusive Activity
- Volcanoes and Volcanic Hazards
- Weathering and Soils
- Sedimentary Rocks
- Metamorphism and Metamorphic Rocks
- Geologic Time
- Crustal Deformation
- Earthquakes and Earthquake Hazards
- Earth’s Interior
- Origin and Evolution of the Ocean Floor
- Mountain Building
- Mass Movement: The Work of Gravity
- Running Water
- Glaciers and Glaciation
- Deserts and Winds
- Global Climate Change
- Earth’s Evolution Through Geologic Time
- Energy and Mineral Resources
- Touring Our Solar System
Appendix: Metric and English Units Compared
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material