Economics of Macro Issues, 8th edition
Published by Pearson (July 11th 2017) - Copyright © 2018
For principles of economics and social issues courses.
Brief, relevant readings that spark independent thinking and discussions
The Economics of Macro Issues is a collection of brief, relevant readings that spark independent thinking and discussion in principles of economics and social issues. The text encourages readers to apply theoretical discussions to today’s important issues to gain a deeper understanding of current macroeconomic policy concerns. The 8th Edition addresses critical new macroeconomic policy issues with timeliness and insight. And it showcases pivotal developments in American economic affairs and policy making in the past few years, in ways that will both challenge and enlighten readers at all levels.
Table of contents
PART ONE: THE MIRACLE OF ECONOMIC GROWTH
1. Rich Nation, Poor Nation
2. Innovation and Growth
3. Outsourcing and Economic Growth
4. Poverty, Capitalism, and Growth
5. The Threat to Growth
6. Hello Boomers, Goodbye Prosperity
PART TWO: THE BUSINESS CYCLE, UNEMPLOYMENT, AND INFLATION
7. What Should GDP Include?
8. What’s in a Word? Plenty, When It’s the “R” Word
9. The Disappearing Middle Class
10. Capital, Wealth, and Inequality
11. The Great Stagnation
12. The Case of the Missing Workers
13. The Gig Economy
14. Mobility in America
15. Inflation and the Debt Bomb
16. Is It Real, or Is It Nominal?
PART THREE: FISCAL POLICY
17. Can We Afford the Affordable Care Act?
18. Who Really Pays Taxes?
19. Are You Stimulated Yet?
20. Higher Taxes Are in Your Future
21. The Myths of Social Security
PART FOUR: MONETARY POLICY AND FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
22. The Fed and Financial Panics
23. The Fed Feeding Frenzy
24. Deposit Insurance and Financial Markets
25. Revolutionizing the Way We Pay
PART FIVE: GLOBALIZATION AND INTERNATIONAL FINANCE
27. The Value of the Dollar
28. The Eurozone after Brexit
29. The Global Power of the Big Mac
30. The Opposition to Globalization
31. The $750,000 Job
Selected References and Web Links
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material