Economics of Public Issues, 20th edition
Digital book that you can read instantly
Economics of Public Issues, The (Subscription)
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Free deliveryWas$46.65 Now$37.32
Economics of Public Issues
For principles of economics, public policy, and social issues courses.
Brief, relevant readings that spark independent thinking and classroom discussions
The Economics of Public Issues is a collection of brief, relevant readings that spark independent thinking and discussion in principles of economics and social issues. The 20th Edition encourages readers to apply theoretical discussions to today’s important issues to gain a deeper understanding of current microeconomic policy concerns.
Spark independent thinking and classroom discussion
- Readings are concise, allowing for easy integration into any principles of economics or issues-based classroom.
- A correlation guide in the preface illustrates how to integrate topics into different courses.
- Conversational and informative non-technical writing is geared toward principles-level students and does not require advanced math.
- Using the latest debates in social policy, the authors encourage readers to question their own assumptions and the analysis offered by the media and politicians on key issues.
- End-of-chapter questions offer students the opportunity to test their knowledge and review chapter concepts.
Table of contents
PART ONE: THE FOUNDATIONS OF ECONOMIC ANALYSIS
1. Death by Bureaucrat
3. Flying the Friendly Skies?
4. The Mystery of Wealth
5. The Economics of Exclusion
PART TWO: SUPPLY AND DEMAND
6. Sex, Booze, and Drugs
7. The Economics of Obesity
8. Kidneys for Sale
9. Are We Running Out of Water?
10. Bankrupt Landlords, from Sea to Shining Sea
PART THREE: LABOR MARKETS
11. Das Kapital in the Twenty-First Century
12. (Why) Are Women Paid Less?
13. The Effects of the Minimum Wage
14. The (Dis)incentives of Higher Taxes
PART FOUR: MARKET STRUCTURES
15. The Platform Economy
16. Contracts, Combinations, and Conspiracies
17. Coffee, Tea, or Tuition-Free?
18. Keeping the Competition Out
PART FIVE: POLITICAL ECONOMY
19. Health Insurance for All . . . Or Maybe Not
20. The Deception of Green Energy
21. The Fight over Genetically Modified Foods
22. Student Loans
23. The Graying of America
24. For Whom the Roads Are Tolled
PART SIX: PROPERTY RIGHTS AND THE ENVIRONMENT
25. What to Do About the Climate?
26. Save That Species
27. Ethanol Madness
28. The Death of Recycling
PART SEVEN: GLOBALIZATION AND ECONOMIC PROSPERITY
29. The Economics of the Big Mac
30. Globalization and the Wealth of America
31. The $750,000 Steelworker
Published by Pearson (July 11th 2017) - Copyright © 2018