NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in the Principles of Economics.
This package includes MyEconLab®
Introduces Readers to the Basic Concepts of Economics with Timely, Engaging Stories and Applications
Readers hoping to gain a better understanding of the world around them, often leave with their questions unanswered. Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools is built upon the author’s philosophy of using basic concepts of economics to explain a wide variety of timely, engaging, real-world economic applications.
The Ninth Edition incorporates updated figures and data, while also emphasizing current topics of interest—including the severe economic downturn of recent years and the latest developments in economic thinking. It also includes newly refined Learning Objectives that introduce the concepts explored in each chapter, along with new applications and chapter-opening stories related to the most up-to-date developments in both macroeconomics and microeconomics.
Personalize Learning with MyEconLab
MyEconLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage readers and improve results. Within its structured environment, readers practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
0134303164 / 9780134303161 Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools Plus MyEconLab with Pearson eText (2-semester access)-- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134078845 / 9780134078847 Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools
- 0134290828 / 9780134290829 MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Economics: Principles, Applications and Tools
Table of contents
I. Introduction and Key Principles
1. Introduction: What Is Economics?
2. The Key Principles of Economics
3. Exchange and Markets
4. Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium
II. The Basic Concepts in Macroeconomics
5. Measuring a Nation’s Production and Income
6. Unemployment and Inflation
III. The Economy in the Long Run
7. The Economy at Full Employment
8. Why Do Economies Grow?
IV. Economic Fluctuations and Fiscal Policy
9. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply
10. Fiscal Policy
11. The Income-Expenditure Model
12. Investment and Financial Markets
V. Money, Banking, and Monetary Policy
13. Money and the Banking System
14. The Federal Reserve and Monetary Policy
VI. Inflation, Unemployment, and Economic Policy
15. Modern Macroeconomics: From the Short Run to the Long Run
16. The Dynamics of Inflation and Unemployment
17. Macroeconomic Policy Debates
VII. The International Economy
18. International Trade and Public Policy
19. The World of International Finance
VIII. A Closer Look at Demand and Supply
20. Elasticity: A Measure of Responsiveness
21. Market Efficiency and Government Intervention
22. Consumer Choice: Utility Theory and Insights from Neuroscience
IX. Market Structures and Pricing
23. Production Technology and Cost
24. Perfect Competition
25. Monopoly and Price Discrimination
26. Market Entry and Monopolistic Competition
27. Oligopoly and Strategic Behavior
28. Controlling Market Power: Antitrust and Regulation
X. Externalities and Information
29. Imperfect Information: Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard
30. Public Goods and Public Choice
31. External Costs and Environmental Policy
XI. The Labor Market and Income Distribution
32. The Labor Market and the Distribution of Income
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material