Effective Leadership and Management in Nursing, 9th edition
Published by Pearson (August 9th 2017) - Copyright © 2018
- Instant Access
This product is not available in your country
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
For courses in nursing leadership and management in programs, including baccalaureate degrees in generic and BSN completion, and graduate-level nursing programs.
The essential information and key skills nurses need to become effective managers and leaders
More than ever before, today’s rapidly changing, volatile healthcare environment demands highly developed management skills and superb leadership. Effective Leadership and Management in Nursing will help both practicing and student nurses manage successfully today, as well as into the future. This book combines practicality with conceptual understanding, tapping expertise of contributors from many relevant disciplines, especially healthcare management professionals. Updated to reflect the current state of healthcare, the 9th edition offers new or expanded coverage of the Affordable Care Act; evolving models of healthcare; cultural and gender diversity; quality management; emotional leadership; social media; harassing, bullying, and lack of civility in healthcare; emergency preparedness for terrorism, disasters, and mass shootings; and prevention of workplace violence. Two new chapters round out this award-winning text: “Understanding Legal and Ethical Issues” and “Imagining the Future.”
Also available packaged with MyLab™ Nursing or via Pearson eText.
MyLab is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Nursing helps students master key concepts, prepare for success on the NCLEX-RN® exam, and develop clinical reasoning skills.
Pearson eText offers a simple-to-use, mobile, personalized reading experience that lets instructors connect with and motivate students – right in their eTextbook.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab, or via Pearson eText, ask your instructor to confirm the correct ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab, search for:
0134848640 / 9780134848648 Effective Leadership and Management in Nursing Plus MyNursingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 9/e
Package consists of:
- 0134153111 / 9780134153117 Effective Leadership and Management in Nursing, 9/e
- 013476093X / 9780134760933 MyNursingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Effective Leadership and Management in Nursing, 9/e
If you would like to purchase the Pearson eText version, search for:
0134873564 / 9780134873565 Pearson eText Effective Leadership and Management in Nursing -- Access Card, 9/e
Table of contents
Part I: Understanding Nursing Management and Organizations
1. Introducing Nursing Management
2. Designing Organizations
3. Delivering Nursing Care
4. Leading, Managing, and Following
5. Initiating and Managing Change
6. Managing and Improving Quality
7. Understanding Legal and Ethical Issues
8. Understanding Power and Politics
Part 2: Learning Key Skills in Nursing Management
9. Thinking Critically, Making Decisions, Solving Problems
10. Communicating Effectively
11. Delegating Successfully
12. Building and Managing Teams
13. Handling Conflict
14. Managing Time
Part 3: Managing Resources
15. Budgeting and Managing Fiscal Resources
16. Recruiting and Selecting Staff
17. Staffing and Scheduling
18. Motivating and Developing Staff
19. Evaluating Staff Performance
20. Feedback and Coaching, Disciplining, and Terminating Staff
21. Managing Absenteeism, Reducing Turnover, Retaining Staff
22. Dealing with Disruptive Staff Problem
23. Preparing for Emergencies
24. Preventing Workplace Violence
25. Handling Collective Bargaining Issues
Part 4: Taking Care of Yourself
26. Managing Stress
27. Advancing Your Career
Part 5: Looking to the Future
28. Imagining the Future
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material