Electric Circuits, 10th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Electric Circuits, Tenth Edition, is designed for use in a one or two-semester Introductory Circuit Analysis or Circuit Theory Course taught in Electrical or Computer Engineering Departments. This title is also suitable for readers seeking an introduction to electric circuits.
Electric Circuits is the most widely used introductory circuits textbook of the past 25 years. As this book has evolved to meet the changing learning styles of students, the underlying teaching approaches and philosophies remain unchanged.
MasteringEngineering for Electric Circuits is a total learning package that is designed to improve results through personalized learning. This innovative online program emulates the instructor’s office–hour environment, guiding students through engineering concepts from Electric Circuits with self-paced individualized coaching.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students.
- Personalize Learning with Individualized Coaching: MasteringEngineering provides students with wrong-answer specific feedback and hints as they work through tutorial homework problems.
- Emphasize the Relationship between Conceptual Understanding and Problem Solving Approaches: Chapter Problems and Practical Perspectives illustrate how the generalized techniques presented in a first-year circuit analysis course relate to problems faced by practicing engineers.
- Build an Understanding of Concepts and Ideas Explicitly in Terms of Previous Learning: Assessment Problems and Fundamental Equations and Concepts help students focus on the key principles in electric circuits.
- Provide Students with a Strong Foundation of Engineering Practices: Computer tools, examples, and supplementary workbooks assist students in the learning process.
Note: Mastering is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Electric Circuits plus MasteringEngineering with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 10/e contains:
- 0133760030 / 9780133760033 Electric Circuits, 10/e
- 013380173X / 9780133801736 MasteringEngineering with Pearson etext -- Access Card -- for Electric Circuits
Table of contents
List of Examples xiii
Chapter 1 Circuit Variables 2
Chapter 2 Circuit Elements 24
Chapter 3 Simple Resistive Circuits 56
Chapter 4 Techniques of Circuit Analysis 88
Chapter 5 The Operational Amplifier 144
Chapter 6 Inductance, Capacitance, and Mutual Inductance 174
Chapter 7 Response of First-Order RL and RC Circuits 212
Chapter 8 Natural and Step Responses of RLC Circuits 264
Chapter 9 Sinusoidal Steady-State Analysis 304
Chapter 10 Sinusoidal Steady-State Power Calculations 358
Chapter 11 Balanced Three-Phase Circuits 396
Chapter 12 Introduction to the Laplace Transform 426
Chapter 13 The Laplace Transform in Circuit Analysis 464
Chapter 14 Introduction to Frequency Selective Circuits 520
Chapter 15 Active Filter Circuits 556
Chapter 16 Fourier Series 602
Chapter 17 The Fourier Transform 642
Chapter 18 Two-Port Circuits 676
Appendix A The Solution of Linear Simultaneous Equations 703
Appendix B Complex Numbers 723
Appendix C More on Magnetically Coupled Coils and Ideal Transformers 729
Appendix D The Decibel 737
Appendix E Bode Diagrams 739
Appendix F An Abbreviated Table of Trigonometric Identities 757
Appendix G An Abbreviated Table of Integrals 759
Appendix H Common Standard Component Values 761
Answers to Selected Problems 763
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (March 31st 2014) - Copyright © 2015