Electronics, 2nd edition
You'll get a bound printed text.
The book provides a wealth of readily accessible information on basic electronics for those interested in electrical and computer engineering. Its friendly approach, clear writing style, and realistic design examples, which earned Hambley the 1998 ASEE Meriam/Wiley Distinguished Author Award, continue in the Second Edition.
- NEWRefines and reorganizes chapter content. The introduction and treatment of external amplifier characteristics has been condensed into the first chapter; op amps are treated in a single chapter; and treatment of device physics has been shortened and appears in various chapters on an as-needed basis.
- Avoids overloading beginners with unnecessary detail, making the book more succinct and user friendly.
- NEWProvides early treatment of integrated-circuit techniques with greater emphasis throughout.
- Enabling readers to gain knowledge of integrated circuits without taking an advanced course. It also integrates the concepts, rather than presenting them in piecemeal fashion.
- NEWEmphasizes MOSFETs over JFETs.
- Preparing the reader for advanced study of analog and digital CMOS and IC's.
- Offers outstanding pedagogical features throughout. Chapter opening material shows the reader how each chapter is organized. Example titles allow the reader to easily locate examples related to a particular topic. Margin comments summarize procedures and emphasize important points.
- Treats digital circuits early in the book.
- Emphasizes design. For example, Anatomy of Design sections show realistic design examples.
- Demonstrates ways in which material fits together, providing motivation and creating interest.
Table of contents
2. Operational Amplifiers.
3. Diodes and Diode Circuits.
ANATOMY OF A CIRCUIT DESIGN: A FUNCTION GENERATOR.
ANATOMY OF A CIRCUIT DESIGN: A DISCRETE MULTISTAGE AMPLIFIER.
ANATOMY OF A CIRCUIT DESIGN: A CARDIAC PACEMAKER.
ANATOMY OF A CIRCUIT DESIGN: A PRECISION AC TO DC CONVERTER.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (August 3rd 1999) - Copyright © 2000