NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For introductory physical geography courses.
This package includes Mastering Geography.
Explore Earth’s dynamic, changing systems
Among the most highly regarded textbooks in physical geography, Robert Christopherson’s best-selling Elemental Geosystems retains its unparalleled currency, accuracy, rich integration of climate change science, and dynamic multimedia program.
Organized around the natural flow of energy, materials, and information, subjects are presented in the same sequence in which they occur in nature–an organic, holistic approach that is unique in this discipline. The 9th Edition features updated content and new Mastering Geography activities, while also incorporating new visual media, active learning activities, and visual tools to help student engagement and mastery.
Personalize learning with Mastering Geography
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and often improves results for each student. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult physical geography concepts.
0134818369 / 9780134818368 Elemental Geosystems Plus Mastering Geography with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 9/e
Package consists of:
- 0134817443 / 9780134817446 Elemental Geosystems
- 0134817494 / 9780134817491 Mastering Geography with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Elemental Geosystems
Also available as an easy-to-use, standalone Pearson eText
Pearson eText allows educators to easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their reading and what they learn in class—motivating them to keep reading, and keep learning. Portable access lets students study on the go, even offline. And, reading analytics offer insight into how students use the eText, helping educators tailor their instruction.
If you would like to purchase the standalone Pearson eText, search for:
- 0135213126 / 9780135213124 Pearson eText Elemental Geosystems -- Access Card
- 013521310X / 9780135213100 Pearson eText Elemental Geosystems -- Instant Access
Table of contents
1. Essentials of Geography
2. Solar Energy, Seasons, and the Atmosphere
3. Atmospheric Energy and Global Temperatures
4. Atmospheric and Oceanic Circulations
5. Water and Atmospheric Moisture
6. Water Resources
7. Earth’s Climatic Regions
8. Climate Change
9. The Dynamic Planet
10. Tectonics, Earthquakes, and Volcanism
11. Weathering, Karst Landscapes, and Mass Movement
12. River Systems
13. Oceans, Coastal Systems, and Wind Processes
14. Glacial Landscapes and the Cryosphere
15. The Geography of Soils
16. Ecosystem Essentials
17. Biogeography and Terrestrial Biomes
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material