Published by Pearson (January 1st 2017) - Copyright © 2018
You'll get a bound printed text.
For courses in Beginning & Intermediate Algebra.
Understanding and Applying Mathematical Concepts
The goal of the Bittinger Concepts and Applications Series is to help today’s student learn and retain mathematical concepts. This proven program prepares students for the transition from skills-oriented elementary algebra courses to more concept-oriented college-level mathematics courses. This requires the development of critical-thinking skills: to reason mathematically, to communicate mathematically, and to identify and solve mathematical problems. The new editions support students with a tightly integrated MyLab™ Math course; a strong focus on problem-solving, applications, and concepts, and the robust MyMathGuide workbook and objective-based video program. In addition, new material—developed as a result of the authors’ experience in the classroom, as well as from insights from faculty and students—includes more systematic review and preparation for practice, as well as stronger focus on real-world applications.
Also available with MyLab Math.
MyLab™ Math is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab™ does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab, search for:
0134772342 / 9780134772349 Elementary & Intermediate Algebra: Concepts & Applications Plus MyLab Math -- Title-Specific Access Card Package, 7/e
Package consists of:
- 013446270X / 9780134462707 Elementary and Intermediate Algebra: Concepts & Applications
- 0134762614 / 9780134762616 MyLab Math with Pearson eText -- Standalone Access Card -- for Elementary and Intermediate Algebra: Concepts & Applications
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Algebraic Expressions
- Chapter 2: Equations, Inequalities, and Problem Solving
- Chapter 3: Introduction to Graphing
- Chapter 4: Polynomials
- Chapter 5: Polynomials and Factoring
- Chapter 6: Rational Expressions and Equations
- Chapter 7: Functions and Graphs
- Chapter 8: Systems of Linear Equations and Problem Solving
- Chapter 9: Inequalities and Problem Solving
- Chapter 10: Exponents and Radicals
- Chapter 11: Quadratic Functions and Equations
- Chapter 12: Exponential Functions and Logarithmic Functions
- Chapter 13: Conic Sections
- Chapter 14: Sequences, Series, and the Binomial Theorem
- Chapter R: Elementary Algebra Review
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material