Published by Pearson (March 30th 2010) - Copyright © 2011
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.Elementary Number Theory, Sixth Edition, blends classical theory with modern applications and is notable for its outstanding exercise sets. A full range of exercises, from basic to challenging, helps readers explore key concepts and push their understanding to new heights. Computational exercises and computer projects are also available. Reflecting many years of professors' feedback, this edition offers new examples, exercises, and applications, while incorporating advancements and discoveries in number theory made in the past few years.
Table of contents
1. The Integers.
2. Integer Representations and Operations.
3. Primes and Greatest Common Divisors.
5. Applications of Congruences.
6. Some Special Congruences.
7. Multiplicative Functions.
9. Primitive Roots.
10. Applications of Primitive Roots and the Order of an Integer.
11. Quadratic Residues.
12. Decimal Fractions and Continued.
13. Some Nonlinear Diophantine Equations.
14. The Gaussian Integers.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material