From opinion polls and clinical trials to self-driving cars, statistics influences and shapes the world around us. Best-selling author Marty Triola is committed to keeping Elementary Statistics relentlessly current — with an unprecedented amount of up-to-the-minute real data — so that readers of all backgrounds understand the role of statistics in the world around them. In addition to an abundance of new data sets, examples, and exercises, the 13th Edition is designed to be even more flexible, with the addition of learning objectives as an organizational tool, larger data sets, and new topics in line with advancements in statistics. In addition, readers will find more support in an all-new series of videos, more opportunities for practice, and improved support for statistical software.
Elementary Statistics is part of a series that also includes an Essentials version as well as technology-specific texts, Elementary Statistics Using the TI 83/84 Plus Calculator and Elementary Statistics Using Excel. Data sets and other resources for this series are available at our website.
Features and benefits
MyLab gives you the tools you need to learn — and to get a better grade.
- Personalized study tools: Show you what you know, what you don’t, and where to spend your time to fill the gaps.
- Immediate feedback: On assignments and quizzes — and assistance with each problem if you need it — helps you get unstuck.
- Mobile eText: Lets you learn on your terms, wherever you are.
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Statistics
2. Exploring Data with Tables and Graphs
3. Describing, Exploring, and Comparing Data
5. Discrete Probability Distributions
6. Normal Probability Distributions
7. Estimating Parameters and Determining Sample Sizes
8. Hypothesis Testing
9. Inferences from Two Samples
10. Correlation and Regression
11. Goodness-of-Fit and Contingency Tables
12. Analysis of Variance
13. Nonparametric Tests
14. Statistical Process Control
15. Ethics in Statistics
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material