Environment and You, The, 2nd edition
Environment and You, The (Subscription)
This product is not available in your country
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
MasteringEnvironmentalScience should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
For Introductory Environmental Science Courses (Non-Majors).
Inspiring Students to Explore New Frontiers and Local Solutions
The Environment and You, Second Edition, by Norm Christensen and new co-author Lissa Leege, gives today’s generation of students reason to be hopeful about environmental challenges by emphasizing the role that science plays in environmental problem solving and solutions. The text offers a solid foundation in the science and demonstrates the role that science can play in influencing personal, community and global environmental issues. The new edition has added New Frontiers discussions that emphasize the interaction between new scientific discoveries, ethics, and policy; andWhere You Live activities that invite students to use primary data sources to explore environmental principles and issues in their local community. A new chapter organization also improves connections between chapters and integrates key concepts with relevant environmental issues.
Table of contents
- Environment, Sustainability, and Science
- Environmental Ethics, Economics, and Policy
- The Physical Science of the Environment
- Organism and Population Ecology and Evolution
- Human Population Growth
- Communities and Ecosystems
- Geography of Life
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Climate Change and Global Warming
- Air Quality
- Agriculture and the Ecology of Food
- Forest Resources
- Nonrenewable Energy and Electricity
- Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation
- Urban Ecosystems
- Waste Management
- The Environment and Human Health
- The Environment and You
Appendix A: Graph Appendix
Appendix B: Metric System
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (January 13th 2015) - Copyright © 2016