NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For introductory courses in Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, and Environmental Biology.
This package includes Mastering Environmental Science.
Equipping Learners to Understand the Roles of Science, Sustainability, and Stewardship
The 13th Edition of Environmental Science: Toward a Sustainable Future retains its current content and memorable themes of Science, Sustainability and Stewardship while expanding on the reader-friendly approach with built-in tools that make Wright/Boorse a bestseller. Presenting the most current and relevant Environmental Science issues and research along with new Concept Check questions and Understand the Data questions, the text and Mastering Environmental Science work together to help readers understand the science behind environmental issues.
Personalize learning with Mastering Environmental Science
Mastering™ Environmental Science is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment system designed to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts. Students benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature personalized wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience and help keep students on track. With a wide range of interactive, engaging, and assignable activities, students are encouraged to actively learn and retain tough course concepts. For the 13th Edition, Mastering Environmental Science has been significantly updated to include new video assignments that expose students to real environmental issues and new coaching activities that help students build science literacy skills.
013394591X / 9780133945911 Environmental Science: Toward a Sustainable Future Plus Mastering Environmental Science with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134011279 / 978013401127 Environmental Science: Toward a Sustainable Future
- 0134245601 / 9780134245607 Mastering Environmental Science with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Environmental Science: Toward a Sustainable Future
Environmental Science: Toward a Sustainable Future, 13th Edition is also available via Pearson eText, a simple-to-use, mobile, personalized reading experience that lets instructors connect with and motivate students – right in their eTextbook. Learn more.
Table of contents
1. Science and the Environment
2. Economics, Politics, and Public Policy
II. ECOLOGY: THE SCIENCE OF ORGANISMS AND THEIR ENVIRONMENT
3. Basic Needs of Living Things
4. Populations and Communities
5. Ecosystems: Energy, Patterns, and Disturbance
6. Wild Species and Biodiversity
7. The Use and Restoration of Ecosystems
III. THE HUMAN POPULATION AND ESSENTIAL RESOURCES
8. The Human Population
9. Population and Development
10. Water: Hydrologic Cycle and Human Use
11. Soil: Foundation for Land Ecosystems
12. The Production and Distribution of Food
13. Pests and Pest Control
IV. HARNESSING ENERGY FOR HUMAN SOCIETY
14. Energy from Fossil Fuels
15. Nuclear Power
16. Renewable Energy
V. POLLUTION AND PREVENTION
17. Environmental Hazards and Human Health
18. Global Climate Change
19. Atmospheric Pollution
20. Water Pollution and Its Prevention
21. Municipal Solid Waste: Disposal and Recovery
22. Hazardous Chemicals: Pollution and Prevention
VI. STEWARDSHIP FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
23. Sustainable Communities and Lifestyles
Appendix A Environmental
Appendix B Units of Measure
Appendix C Units of Measure
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material