Essential SQL Server™ 2000: An Administration Handbook, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
With thousands of installations worldwide, Microsoft SQL Server™ 2000 is an industry-leading solution for highly scalable, fast, and reliable database management. This hands-on guide covers the installation, configuration, and administration of SQL Server while providing practical solutions to the daily challenges faced by busy administrators.
Filled with real-world examples, Essential SQL Server™ 2000: An Administration Handbook is a succinct survival guide for both experienced professionals as well as those less familiar with the environment. Whether you are a programmer who takes on database administration or a database administrator who is new to SQL Server 2000, you will find this guide an indispensable resource. The book begins with a review of database basics, then progresses to everyday topics including installation, tools, data access, import/export, commands, automation, maintenance, and tuning. The final chapters cover the more advanced features of SQL Server and provide a sample server sizing exercise and helpful hardware discussion. Chapters are organized to provide easy look-up for solving specific problems, while cover-to-cover, the book provides a complete primer on SQL Server essentials.
Topics covered include:
- Database basics, and the features and flavors of SQL Server 2000
- Installation and tips for upgrading from previous versions
- Data access and connection methods for SQL Server
- Importing and exporting data
- Automating SQL Server and operating system commands
- Strategies for successful database maintenance
- Backing up and restoring SQL databases
- Security aspects of SQL Server
- Introduction to Microsoft Analysis Services with working examples
- Overview of the XML technology in SQL Server
Packed with practical tips and timesaving solutions, Essential SQL Server™ 2000: An Administration Handbook is a must-have guide for every administrator managing the day-to-day SQL Server environment.
Table of contents
2. Installing/Upgrading SQL 2000.
4. Accessing Data.
5. Importing and Exporting Data.
6. Automation (The SQL Server Agent).
8. Backing Up and Restoring.
9. Monitoring and Optimization.
12. Analysis Services (OLAP).
13. eXtensible Markup Language.
14. English Query.
15. Working with Instances.
Appendix A. A Sample Server Sizing Exercise.
Appendix B. Hardware for SQL Server.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Addison-Wesley Professional (December 27th 2001) - Copyright © 2002