Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology, 7th edition
Published by Pearson (July 19th 2019) - Copyright © 2017
This product is not available in your country
For one-semester courses in anatomy & physiology.
Guiding readers through challenging A&P conceptsCelebrated for its precise illustrations, time-saving navigation and study tools, and engaging clinical content, Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology is crafted especially for readers with no prior knowledge of anatomy & physiology and little science background. The Seventh Edition eases readers through tough A&P topics, answering the need to help A&P readers learn and retain challenging content. New book features, all supported by interactive MasteringA&P media, include new Build Your Knowledge activities, new Spotlight Figures Coaching activities, new Bone and Organ Dissection Videos, and new Dynamic Study Modules that help readers study on the go.
Also available as a Pearson eText or packaged with Mastering A&P
Pearson eText is a simple-to-use, mobile-optimized, personalized reading experience that can be adopted on its own as the main course material. It lets students highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place, even when offline. Seamlessly integrated videos and other rich media engage students and give them access to the help they need, when they need it. Educators can easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their eText and what they learn in class — motivating them to keep reading, and keep learning.
MasteringA&P is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Instructors ensure students arrive ready to learn by assigning educationally effective content before class, and encourage critical thinking and retention with in-class resources such as Learning Catalytics™. Students can further master concepts after class through traditional and adaptive homework assignments that provide hints and answer-specific feedback. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone book; Pearson eText and Mastering A&P do not come packaged with this content. Students, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If your instructor has assigned Pearson eText as your main course material, search for:
• 0135213053 / 9780135213056 Pearson eText Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology, 7/e -- Access Card
• 0135213045 / 9780135213049 Pearson eText Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology, 7/e -- Instant Access
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringA&P, search for:
0134098617 / 9780134098616 Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package, 7/e
Package consists of:
- 0134074882 / 9780134074887 MasteringA&P with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology, 7/e
- 0134098846 / 9780134098845 Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology, 7/e
Table of contents
1. An Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
2. The Chemical Level of Organization
3. Cell Structure and Function
4. The Tissue Level of Organization
5. The Integumentary System
6. The Skeletal System
7. The Muscular System
8. The Nervous System
9. The General and Special Senses
10. The Endocrine System
11. The Cardiovascular System: Blood
12. The Cardiovascular System: The Heart
13. The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels and Circulation
14. The Lymphoid System and Immunity
15. The Respiratory System
16. The Digestive System
17. Nutrition and Metabolism
18. The Urinary System
19. The Reproductive System
20. Development and Inheritance
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material