Essentials of Economics, 6th edition
Essentials of Economics Plus MyLab Economics with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
A digital platform that offers help when and where you need it, lets you focus your study time, and provides practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
You'll get a bound printed text.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For two-semester courses in the principles of economics.
This package includes MyLab Economics.
The relevance of economics shown through real-world business examples
The authors of Essentials of Economics help foster interest in the discipline concepts, and make the key principles of this topic relevant to readers’ lives by demonstrating how real businesses use economics to make decisions every day. With ever-changing US and world economies, the 6th Edition has been updated with the latest developments using new real-world business and policy examples. Regardless of their future career path -- opening an art studio, trading on Wall Street, or bartending at the local pub, readers will benefit from understanding the economic forces behind their work.
Personalize learning with MyLab Economics
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
013489023X / 9780134890234 Essentials of Economics Plus MyLab Economics with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 6/e
Package consists of:
- 0134797736 / 9780134797731 Essentials of Economics
- 013479804X / 9780134798042 MyLab Economics with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Essentials of Economics
Table of contents
PART I: INTRODUCTION
1. Economics: Foundations and Models
Appendix: Using Graphs and Formulas
2. Trade-offs, Comparative Advantage, and the Market System
3. Where Prices Come From: The Interaction of Demand and Supply
PART II: MARKETS IN ACTION: POLICY AND APPLICATIONS
4. Market Efficiency and Market Failure
5. The Economics of Health Care
PART III: MICROECONOMIC FOUNDATIONS: CONSUMERS AND FIRMS
6. Firms, the Stock Market, and Corporate Governance
7. Consumer Choice and Elasticity
8. Technology, Production, and Costs
PART V: MARKET STRUCTURE AND FIRM STRATEGY
9. Firms in Perfectly Competitive Markets
10. Monopoly and Antitrust Policy
11. Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
PART VI: MACROECONOMIC FOUNDATIONS
12. GDP: Measuring Total Production and Income
13. Unemployment and Inflation
PART VIII: LONG-RUN ECONOMIC GROWTH AND SHORT-RUN ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS
14. Economic Growth, the Financial System, and Business Cycles
15. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply Analysis
Appendix: Macroeconomic Schools of Thought
PART VIIII: MONETARY AND FISCAL POLICY
16. Money, Banks, and the Federal Reserve System
17. Monetary Policy
18. Fiscal Policy
19. Comparative Advantage, International Trade, and Exchange Rates
Published by Pearson (March 13th 2018) - Copyright © 2019