Essentials of Genetics, 10th edition
Published by Pearson (January 4th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
A digital platform that replicates the office-hour experience with targeted feedback, study resources, and practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor, or visit your learning management system.
You'll get loose-leaf, three-hole-punched pages ready to be placed in a binder.
A collection of materials so you have everything you need for your course.
NOTE: This loose-leaf, three-hole punched version of the textbook gives students the flexibility to take only what they need to class and add their own notes – all at an affordable price.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For all introductory genetics courses.
This package includes Mastering Genetics.
Focus on essential genetic topics and explore the latest breakthroughs
Known for its focus on conceptual understanding, problem solving, and practical applications, the bestselling Essentials of Genetics strengthens problem-solving skills and explores the essential genetics topics that today’s students need to understand. The 10th Edition has been extensively updated to provide comprehensive coverage of important, emerging topics such as CRISPR-Cas, epigenetics, and genetic testing. Additionally, a new Special Topic chapter covers Advances in Neurogenetics with a focus on Huntington Disease, and new essays on Genetics, Ethics, and Society emphasize ethical considerations that genetics is bringing into everyday life. The accompanying Mastering Genetics online platform includes new tutorials on topics such as CRISPR-Cas and epigenetics, and new Dynamic Study Modules, which support student learning of key concepts and prepare them for class.
Personalize learning with Mastering Genetics
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, Mastering personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.Mastering Genetics allows students to develop problem-solving skills, learn from tutorials on key genetics concepts, and gain a better understanding of emerging topics.
0135271665 / 9780135271667 Essentials of Genetics, Loose-Leaf Edition Plus Mastering Genetics with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 10/e
Package consists of:
- 0135209889 / 9780135209882 Essentials of Genetics, Loose-Leaf Edition
- 0135188687 / 9780135188682 Mastering Genetics with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Essentials of Genetics
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Genetics
2. Mitosis and Meiosis
3. Mendelian Genetics
4. Modification of Mendelian Ratios
5. Sex Determination and Sex Chromosomes
6. Chromosome Mutations: Variation in Number and Arrangement
7. Linkage and Chromosome Mapping in Eukaryotes
8. Genetic Analysis and Mapping in Bacteria and Bacteriophages
9. DNA Structure and Analysis
10. DNA Replication
11. Chromosome Structure and DNA Sequence Organization
12. The Genetic Code and Transcription
13. Translation and Proteins
14. Gene Mutation, DNA Repair, and Transposition
15. Regulation of Gene Expression in Bacteria
16. Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
17. Recombinant DNA Technology
18. Genomics, Bioinformatics, and Proteomics
19. The Genetics of Cancer
20. Quantitative Genetics and Multifactorial Traits
21. Population and Evolutionary Genetics
Special Topics in Modern Genetics
2. Genetic Testing
3. Gene Therapy
4. Advances in Neurogenetics: The Study of Huntington Disease
5. DNA Forensics
6. Genetically Modified Foods
7. Genomics and Precision Medicine
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material