NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering platforms, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for MyLab or Mastering platforms may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For introductory physical geology courses.
This package includes Mastering Geology.
Using dynamic media to bring geology to life
From the renowned Lutgens/Tarbuck/Tasa team, the 13th Edition of Essentials of Geology continues to elevate the text’s readability, illustrations, and focus on basic principles. This revision incorporates a structured learning path and reliable, consistent framework for mastering the chapter concepts. With a fully integrated mobile media program that includes new Mobile Field Trip and Project Condor quadcopter videos as well as new animations and videos, this edition provides a unique, interactive, and engaging learning experience for readers.
Personalize learning with Mastering Geology
Mastering™ Geology is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Interactive, self-paced coaching activities provide individualized coaching to help students stay on track. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts.
0134663772 / 9780134663777 Essentials of Geology Plus Mastering Geology with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134446623 / 9780134446622 Essentials of Geology
- 0134609042 / 9780134609041 Mastering Geology with Pearson eText -- Standalone Access Card -- for Essentials of Geology
Table of contents
1. An Introduction to Geology
2. Plate Tectonics: A Scientific Revolution Unfolds
3. Matter and Minerals
4. Igneous Rocks and Intrusive Activity
5. Volcanoes and Volcanic Hazards
6. Weathering and Soils
7. Sedimentary Rocks
8. Metamorphism and Metamorphic Rocks
9. Earthquakes and Earth’s Interior
10. Origin and Evolution of the Ocean Floor
11. Crustal Deformation and Mountain Building
12. Mass Movement on Slopes: The Work of Gravity
13. Running Water
15. Glaciers and Glaciation
16. Deserts and Wind
18. Geologic Time
19. Earth’s Evolution Through Geologic Time
20. Global Climate Change
Appendix: Metric and English Units Compared
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material