Essentials of Human Communication, 10th edition
Published by Pearson (January 14th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
Essentials of Human Communication (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134877297Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Revel for Essentials of Human Communication -- Instant Access
- Instant Access
Instant digital access to Revel. To register, you'll need a course invite link from your instructor.
Essentials of Human Communication, Print Edition
A soft-bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
A streamlined approach to communication that emphasizes real-world applications
Revel™ Essentials of Human Communication provides a streamlined overview of the essential theories, research, and especially the skills of human communication, highlighting practical applications in the workplace and beyond. Author Joseph DeVito gives students the knowledge and tools they need to build greater competence in three key spheres: interpersonal communication, small group communication, and public speaking. The 10th Edition fully integrates the latest research as well as updated examples, photos, and cartoons to keep the text current and pedagogically effective.
Table of contents
1. The Essentials of Human Communication
2. Perception of Self and Others
3. Listening in Human Communication
4. Verbal Messages
5. Nonverbal Messages
PART 2: INTERPERSONAL AND SMALL GROUP COMMUNICATION
6. Interpersonal Communication and Conversation
7. Interpersonal Relationships
8. Managing Interpersonal Conflict
9. Small Group Communication
10. Members and Leaders in Small Group Communication
PART 3: PUBLIC SPEAKING
11. Public Speaking Preparation (Steps 1–6)
12. Public Speaking Preparation and Delivery (Steps 7–10)
13. The Informative Speech
14. The Persuasive Speech
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material