An interactive, digital, and mobile learning environment that replaces the traditional printed text. To register, you’ll need a course invite link from your instructor.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
A streamlined approach to communication that emphasizes real-world applications
Revel™ Essentials of Human Communication provides a streamlined overview of the essential theories, research, and especially the skills of human communication, highlighting practical applications in the workplace and beyond. Author Joseph DeVito gives students the knowledge and tools they need to build greater competence in three key spheres: interpersonal communication, small group communication, and public speaking. The 10th Edition fully integrates the latest research as well as updated examples, photos, and cartoons to keep the text current and pedagogically effective.
Table of contents
1. The Essentials of Human Communication
2. Perception of Self and Others
3. Listening in Human Communication
4. Verbal Messages
5. Nonverbal Messages
PART 2: INTERPERSONAL AND SMALL GROUP COMMUNICATION
6. Interpersonal Communication and Conversation
7. Interpersonal Relationships
8. Managing Interpersonal Conflict
9. Small Group Communication
10. Members and Leaders in Small Group Communication
PART 3: PUBLIC SPEAKING
11. Public Speaking Preparation (Steps 1–6)
12. Public Speaking Preparation and Delivery (Steps 7–10)
13. The Informative Speech
14. The Persuasive Speech
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material