Essentials of MIS, 13th edition
Essentials of MIS
You'll get a bound printed text.
For introductory courses in Information Systems or Management Information Systems.
Connect essential MIS concepts to everyday life
Essentials of MIS is an in-depth look at how today’s businesses use information technologies and systems to achieve their corporate objectives. Current real-world business cases illustrate how companies have identified, and ultimately solved, key business challenges using information systems and technologies. Through the use of Essentials of MIS, you will be able to participate in, and even lead, management discussions of information systems for a firm.
The 13th Edition consists of 12 chapters with hands-on projects that cover the most essential topics in MIS. In addition to the core text, this edition includes a Video Case Package consisting of 28 video case studies and 10 instructional videos to illustrate business uses of information systems, explain new technologies, and explore concepts. The knowledge and information in this book will be most valuable throughout your business career.
Also available with MyLab MIS
MyLab™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. And, with Decision-Making Mini Simulations and Auto-Graded Excel and Access Projects, students learn how MIS concepts will help them succeed in their future careers.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab MIS, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab MIS search for:
0134854438 / 9780134854434 MyLab MIS with Pearson eText for Essentials of MIS -- Access Card Package, 13/e
Package consists of:
0134802756 / 9780134802756 Essentials of MIS, 13/e
0134803078 / 9780134803074 MyLab MIS with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Essentials of MIS
Table of contents
I. Information Systems in the Digital Age
1. Business Information Systems in Your Career
2. Global E-business and Collaboration
3. Achieving Competitive Advantage with Information Systems
4. Ethical and Social Issues in Information Systems
II. Information Technology Infrastructure
5. IT Infrastructure: Hardware and Software
6. Foundations of Business Intelligence: Databases and Information Management
7. Telecommunications, the Internet, and Wireless Technology
8. Securing Information Systems
III. Key System Applications for the Digital Age
9. Achieving Operational Excellence and Customer Intimacy: Enterprise Applications
10. E-commerce: Digital Markets, Digital Goods
11. Improving Decision Making and Managing Knowledge
IV. Building and Managing Systems
12. Building Information Systems and Managing Projects
Published by Pearson (January 2nd 2018) - Copyright © 2019