Essentials of MIS, 14th edition
Digital book that you can read instantly
Pearson eText for Essentials of MIS -- Instant Access
Pearson course ID or link in LMS required
MyLab MIS with Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Essentials of MIS
- Instant Access
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Essentials of MIS [RENTAL EDITION]
This print textbook is available for students to rent for their classes. The Pearson print rental program provides students with affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.
For introductory courses in Information Systems or Management Information Systems.
This ISBN is for the bound textbook, which students can rent through their bookstore.
An authoritative, engaging introduction to MIS
Essentials of MIS is an in-depth look at how today’s businesses use information technologies and systems to achieve their corporate objectives. Current real-world business cases illustrate how companies have identified, and ultimately solved, key business challenges using information systems and technologies. Through the use of Essentials of MIS, students will be able to participate in, and even lead, management discussions of information systems for a firm.
The 14th Edition consists of 12 chapters with hands-on projects that cover the most essential topics in MIS, all updated with new figures, tables, and cases. In addition to the core text, this edition includes a Video Case Package consisting of 28 video case studies and 10 instructional videos to illustrate business uses of information systems, explain new technologies, and explore concepts. The knowledge and information in this book will be most valuable to students — regardless of major — throughout their business careers.
This title is also available digitally as a standalone Pearson eText, or via MyLab MIS, which includes the Pearson eText.
Table of contents
PART I: INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN THE DIGITAL AGE
1. Business Information Systems in Your Career
2. Global E-business and Collaboration
3. Achieving Competitive Advantage with Information Systems
4. Ethical and Social Issues in Information Systems
PART II: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE
5. IT Infrastructure: Hardware and Software
6. Foundations of Business Intelligence: Databases and Information Management
7. Telecommunications, the Internet, and Wireless Technology
8. Securing Information Systems
PART III: KEY SYSTEM APPLICATIONS FOR THE DIGITAL AGE
9. Achieving Operational Excellence and Customer Intimacy: Enterprise Applications
10. E-commerce: Digital Markets, Digital Goods
11. Improving Decision Making and Managing Artificial Intelligence
PART IV: BUILDING AND MANAGING SYSTEMS
12. Making the Business Case for Information Systems and Managing Projects
Published by Pearson (June 1st 2020) - Copyright © 2021