NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For introductory courses in Information Systems or Management Information Systems.
This ISBN is for the MyLab access card. Pearson eText is included.
An authoritative, engaging introduction to MIS
Essentials of MIS is an in-depth look at how today’s businesses use information technologies and systems to achieve their corporate objectives. Current real-world business cases illustrate how companies have identified, and ultimately solved, key business challenges using information systems and technologies. Through the use of Essentials of MIS, students will be able to participate in, and even lead, management discussions of information systems for a firm.
The 14th Edition consists of 12 chapters with hands-on projects that cover the most essential topics in MIS, all updated with new figures, tables, and cases. In addition to the core text, this edition includes a Video Case Package consisting of 28 video case studies and 10 instructional videos to illustrate business uses of information systems, explain new technologies, and explore concepts. The knowledge and information in this book will be most valuable to students — regardless of major — throughout their business careers.
Personalize learning with MyLab MIS
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. And, with Decision-Making Mini Simulations and Auto-Graded Excel and Access Projects, students learn how MIS concepts will help them succeed in their future careers.
0136500838 / 9780136500834 MyLab MIS with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Essentials of MIS
Package consists of:
- 0136500900 / 9780136500902 MyLab MIS without Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Essentials of MIS
- 0136500951 / 9780136500957 MyLab MIS -- Pearson eText Upgrade -- for Essentials of MIS
Table of contents
PART I: INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN THE DIGITAL AGE
1. Business Information Systems in Your Career
2. Global E-business and Collaboration
3. Achieving Competitive Advantage with Information Systems
4. Ethical and Social Issues in Information Systems
PART II: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE
5. IT Infrastructure: Hardware and Software
6. Foundations of Business Intelligence: Databases and Information Management
7. Telecommunications, the Internet, and Wireless Technology
8. Securing Information Systems
PART III: KEY SYSTEM APPLICATIONS FOR THE DIGITAL AGE
9. Achieving Operational Excellence and Customer Intimacy: Enterprise Applications
10. E-commerce: Digital Markets, Digital Goods
11. Improving Decision Making and Managing Artificial Intelligence
PART IV: BUILDING AND MANAGING SYSTEMS
12. Making the Business Case for Information Systems and Managing Projects
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material