Exceptional Lives: Special Education in Today's Schools, 9th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab or Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes MyLab Education.
Real students, real stories, and real solutions
Exceptional Lives: Practice, Progress, & Dignity in Today’s Schools pairs real-life stories about children, their families, and their educators with the most recent evidence-based research on inclusion of students with disabilities in the least restrictive environment.
The 9th Edition highlights the important themes of ensuring students’ progress using research-based instruction and the ethical principle of dignity. New chapters examine educational progress and long-term outcomes; school-wide supports; cross-cutting instructional approaches; and diversity and social justice. With its focus on real students, stories, and solutions, Exceptional Lives gives readers a comprehensive view of the rewards, challenges, and triumphs involved in special education today.
Personalize learning with MyLab Education
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Education gives teacher candidates opportunities to apply theory to practice – better preparing them for success in their future classrooms.
0134893638 / 9780134893631 Exceptional Lives: Practice, Progress, & Dignity in Today’s Schools plus MyLab Education with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134984323 / 9780134984322 MyLab Education with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Exceptional Lives: Practice, Progress, & Dignity in Today’s Schools
- 0134984331 / 9780134984339 Exceptional Lives: Practice, Progress, & Dignity in Today’s Schools
Table of contents
1. The Purposes, People, and Law of Special Education2. Disability and Cultural Justice
3. Today’s Families and Their Partnerships with Professionals
4. Ensuring Educational Progress
5. School-wide Systems of Supports
6. Cross-cutting Instructional Approaches
7. Students with Learning Disabilities
8. Students with Speech and Language Disorders
9. Students with Emotional or Behavioral Disorders
10. Students with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
11. Students with Intellectual Disability
12. Students with Autism
13. Students with Multiple Disabilities and Traumatic Brain Injury
14. Students with Physical Disabilities and Other Health Impairments
15. Students with Hearing Impairments
16. Students with Visual Impairments
17. Students Who Are Gifted and Talented
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (February 1st 2019) - Copyright © 2020