Published by Pearson (February 22nd 2020) - Copyright © 2021
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook. Read it on your computer, or download the mobile app to study on the go.
Experiencing MIS illustrates how organizations use information systems to solve business problems every day.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook that you can read online or offline. Make it your own by adding highlights and notes, and learn on the go with the mobile app. At the end of your subscription, you can opt to renew access to your eText and personalized notes.
Table of contents
PART 1: WHY MIS?
1. The Importance of MIS
2. Organizational Strategy, Information Systems, and Competitive Advantage
3. Business Intelligence Systems
PART 2: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
1. Hardware and Software
2. Database Processing
3. The Cloud
PART 3: USING IS FOR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
1. Collaboration Information Systems for Decision Making, Problem Solving, and Project Management
2. Processes, Organizations, and Information Systems
3. Social Media Information Systems
PART 4: INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
1. Information Systems Security
2. Information Systems Management
3. Information Systems Development
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material