An interactive, digital, and mobile learning environment that replaces the traditional printed text. To register, you’ll need a course invite link from your instructor.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
Revel™ Exploring Marriages and Families helps students gain a thorough understanding of the social context in which they live and the relevance of social science to their lives. Author Karen Seccombe captures the compelling relationship and family issues of our time via a fresh perspective — one that places individual relationships in their social context so that students can more fully understand why they make the choices they do. The Third Edition has been updated to reflect the latest data and scholarship and includes new content that reflects the contemporary state of marriages and families to boost relevance to students’ lives.
Revel is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, Revel replaces the textbook and gives students everything they need for the course. Informed by extensive research on how people read, think, and learn, Revel is an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience — for less than the cost of a traditional textbook.
NOTE: Revel is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone Revel access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Revel.
Table of contents
1. Why Study Families and Other Close Relationships?
2. Social Status: Sex, Gender, Race, Ethnicity, and Social Class
PART II: THE FOUNDATIONS OF RELATIONSHIPS
3. Building Relationships
4. Love and Loving Relationships
5. Sexual Identity, Behavior, and Relationships
6. Communication, Conflict, and Power in Our Relationships
PART III: PARENTS AND THEIR CHILDREN
8. Thinking about Parenthood
9. Raising Children
10. Families and the Work They Do
PART IV: FAMILY STRENGTHS, CHALLENGES, AND REORGANIZATION
11. Family Stress and Crisis: Violence among Intimates
12. The Process of Divorce
13. Family Life, Partnering, and Remarriage after Divorce
14. Families in Middle and Later Life
15. Looking Ahead: Helping Families Flourish
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material